***NOT TO WA, TAS*** (Allium sativum) French heirloom having been grown in Australia since the late 1980's. Medium to large, white cloves with smooth silver skin & strong garlic flavour. Easy to peel. The preferred garlic by chefs. Easy to grow. Excellent for all garlic uses.
Grown on a chemical-free farm using organic principles.
1 Bulb $4.20 (approx. 8-12 cloves per bulb) ________________________________________________________________________________________
SOFTNECK vs. HARDNECK? (What is the difference?)
- soft & pliable neck (the stalk that grows up from a garlic) at maturity making them easy to braid
- strong flavour
- harder to peel than hardneck varieties
- stores well (due to several potective outer layers of papery skin)
- produces large & small cloves
- well suited to warmer areas with hot summers & mild winters
HARDNECK(Allium sativum var. ophioscorodon)
- hard & stiff neck (the stalk that grows up from a garlic) at maturity forming scapes which may also be used in cooking
- mild taste
- easy to peel
- best used soon after harvest (due to only a few protective papery layers)
- mainly large cloves around the outside of the bulb
- thrive & grow better in cooler areas
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other The Lost Seed users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.