***NOT TO TAS*** (Allium sativum) Mexican heirloom. White papered bulb and white, well formed cloves with a sharp, mildly spicy flavour.
SOFTNECK vs. HARDNECK? (What is the difference?)
SOFTNECK (Allium sativum)
- soft & pliable neck (the stalk that grows up from a garlic) at maturity making them easy to braid
- strong flavour
- harder to peel than hardneck varieties
- stores well (due to several potective outer layers of papery skin)
- produces large & small cloves
- well suited to warmer areas with hot summers & mild winters
HARDNECK (Allium sativum var. ophioscorodon)
- hard & stiff neck (the stalk that grows up from a garlic) at maturity forming scapes which may also be used in cooking
- mild taste
- easy to peel
- best used soon after harvest (due to only a few protective papery layers)
- mainly large cloves around the outside of the bulb
- thrive & grow better in cooler areas
Help other The Lost Seed users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.
Write a product review
Send us a photo(All images recieved will be displayed on this page)
(Phaseolus vulgaris) Heirloom dating back to 1885, developed in the Blue Lake area around Urich, California. Straight, stringless, bright dark-green
***NOT TO TAS*** (Allium sativum) Medium to large, flattened bulbs with white skin and strong purple streaks. Warm to hot with rich garlic flavour
***NOT TO TAS*** (Allium sativum) Heirloom originally sourced from a bazaar in Samarkand, Uzbekistan. Also known as 'Samarkand'. Attractive, vivi
***NOT TO TAS*** (Allium sativum var. ophioscorodon) Heirloom from Yugoslavia. Purple splotched cloves with beige-white centres and strong hot fla
***NOT TO TAS*** (Allium sativum) Small to medium sized bulbs containing red-purple cloves with cream streaking around the base. Hot and s
***NOT TO TAS*** (Allium sativum) Distinctive, attractive, bulb with red / burgundy clove wrappers, pungent aroma with sweet taste and warm, spicy f
SOLD OUT UNTIL 2023 ***NOT TO TAS*** (Allium sativum) Medium purple bulbs containing purple stripes. Mild heat with strong flavour.
***NOT TO TAS*** (Allium sativum) Large, white cloves with mild, simple flavour.
Subscribe to our newsletter: